Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I so want to bring home the Birkin

Okay, I have gotten so engrossed with my "bible" a.k.a. "Bringing home the Birkin" that I forgot I DID said I was going to write a review!!!

I am only about 75 % through the book, the reason being I have two young sons (one 8 month old and 21 month old) and it is almost impossible to have peace and quiet let alone sit down and read for a couple of hours.... So as much as it hurts me to put down the book each time my son screams, I just have to sigh and leave it later on (at night when I read it through the computer screen light as my kids sleep in our room and the lights have to be off)... Too much drama.

Anyhow... From the 75% that I have read, I have to say I got hooked on Hermes. It's bad. Yes I have made the book my personal bible glancing at the photos of the Birkins every so often that I might have faded the pages all together. The book is brilliant and funnily insane that I reckon it is the best book I have read in my lifetime, (and believe me, with the 25 years of my life I have read a whole LOT of books). I love it so much that I reckon I will take the book in my grave and bring it with me to heaven (hopefully with a Birkin in my casket, too.)

I have started my little "Hermes collection", with knotting cards, some catalogues and a Kelly Perfume... And I am pleased. There will be some more in the years to come, anyway I have my entire lifetime to build on it (and of course I haven't forgotten my first love, LV)...

I have to go back reading with the little time I have while my kids are having their afternoon nap, be back for a full blown review in a couple of days!!!

No comments: